I love listening to music. But I haven’t always had good luck with earbuds at a good price. So I decided to look into the best earbuds under $150.
Here’s what I found:
The best earbuds under $150 often include features such as wireless Bluetooth & noise-canceling ability, the ability to sync with both Apple and Android phones & true bass frequency response. My favorite of these is the LKE Wireless Earbuds with 1 step Bluetooth pairing, 33-foot range, and 18 hour play time.
I think you’ll agree with me that headphones, earbuds, and earphones can be a confusing topic for everyone outside the pro audio industry. That is why I recommend you to learn more here about these gadgets.
Some of us don’t know the difference between earbuds and earphones.
We also don’t know what constitutes a good one from a bad one. Why do some earbuds fall out easily while others are uncomfortable to wear?
Luckily there are simple answers to those questions.
There are also a lot of great earbuds under 150 out there. Earbuds that sound amazing while being kinder to your wallet.
In this post, we’re diving deep into the world of earbuds and earphones. We’ll answer the top questions surrounding them to take away the mystery so you can make the most informed decision for your needs.
Specifically, though, we’re looking at the best earbuds under 150.
What is the difference between earbuds and earphones?
Compared to the clunky around the ear headphones of the 1970s, which have been making a comeback, earbuds and earphones are tiny.
While there are distinct differences between earbuds and earphones, they are very similar.
The differences between earbuds & earphones really just that earphones go inside the ear canal, whereas earbuds sit outside the ear canal.
That being said, some earbuds lack the bass response of traditional headphones and earphones.
Looking for waterproof headphones? That’s a different kind of animal altogether. If so, head over to https://www.globosurfer.com/best-waterproof-headphones/ to check out the options.
But what you may lack in the low end, you more than make up for in price, so ultimately it can come down to affordability vs the quality of the sound.
In looking at the best earbuds under 150, we’ll be talking about both so you can make the right decision for your needs.
Which brand is best for earphones?
If we’re talking purely sound quality, without regard to price, the best brand of earphones are generally recognized to be:
Those links take you to their top-rated earbuds on Amazon, so if you want to learn more about any of them, just click over to Amazon to check them out.
Are Apple AirPods any good?
Yes, is the short answer.
A quick check on Amazon and you’ll literally see tens of thousands of reviews and almost all are 4 and 5 stars. If you’ve been living under a rock, you might be wondering what AirPods are.
They are Apple’s entry into the wireless earbud market.
They do rely heavily on Siri to control the music options. But Android users can still use AirPods and get most of the same features out of them.
They connect to your phone via Bluetooth, and while the sound quality won’t equal a nice pair of wired headphones, they actually sound really good. The days of thin, tinny-sounding audio with little to no bass-response are over!
Another cool aspect is that once you’ve paired them with your phone, they’ll automatically connect each time you put them in. Then they also disconnect automatically when you take them out (and removing 1 will pause your music).
Battery life is about 5 hours and they recharge automatically in the case they come in. The case charges via the lightning port. When fully charged, the case can charge up your AirPods about 4 times.
15 minutes of charging gets you about 3 hours of battery life, so they don’t take long to charge back up.
Like a lot of Apple products, they have come out with newer models making the owners of the previous versions feel like they need to upgrade.
True, the newer versions have in-line remote controls. But, in truth, the older models of AirPods are still great.
What are the best earbuds to buy?
Bear in mind the word “best” is pretty subjective.
But if we ignore price for the moment and focus solely on product reviews for sound quality, it’s clear that the LKE Wireless Earbuds (click to see current price on Amazon) may well be the best on Amazon Prime. And coming in at well under $100, they may make our top 11 list too.
These amazing earbuds feature:
- ONE-STEP BLUETOOTH PAIRING – They are easy to connect without pressing any buttons. Just take them out of the charging case, let them pair each other automatically, in a matter of seconds.
- 33 FOOT WIRELESS RANGE– No Wire connections at all and the connection is strong for a 33 ft(Bluetooth 5.0 support). The earbuds are light and comfortable to wear for long hours with no pain. As long as your Device is within the range, you will enjoy better music than wire embedded earphones.
- CVC 8.0 – CVC stands for Clear Voice Capture, a superior form of noise reduction technology that eliminates virtually all background noise without compromising audio quality
- 60-DAY GUARANTEE – Unlike many other brands, you can return these anytime within 60 days if you are not happy with their performance or have any problems.
An Amazon Prime product with literally no reviews under 5 star at the time of this writing!
Which earphone is best for bass?
Cheesy pop songs aside, it really is all about that bass.
After all, who wants to hear their music on thin-sounding tinny headphones?
In scouring the web, looking at all the reviews, it seems clear that the Earbuds In-Ear Headphones/Earphones (click to see current price on Amazon). These are noise isolating with a massive bass driver. Audiophile clearly delivers on their promise and at a rock bottom price of well under $50.00.
The Audiophile Elite earphones feature:
- A premium frequency range of 5 Hz to 31,000 Hz: – They go above and beyond the range of human hearing
- A fine-tuned 16 Ohm impedance allows you to get great sound from mobile devices. Because it goes up to 118 decibels, use caution with the volume!
- A no-questions-asked money-back guarantee gives you peace of mind. But you also know they wouldn’t likely offer that on an inferior product
- An Amazon Choice product with well over 600 excellent reviews
Are Beats worth it?
If you aren’t familiar, Beats is a company founded by hip-hop star Dr. Dre and record producer/co-founder of Interscope Records, Jimmy Iovine.
They make traditional headphones, earbuds/earphones, speakers and more. And yes, they do make some higher-end products well into the hundreds of dollars.
That being said, they do have a number of earbuds and earphones on Amazon between 4 and 5 stars for well under $100. In fact, their top-rated earbud/earphone is the Beats Urbeats3 Earphones (click to see current price on Amazon) which has an excellent star rating on Amazon, is an Amazon Choice product and is currently under 60 bucks.
Tangle-free cable, easy switching between music and phone and 4 pairs of tips for a more custom fit.
That being said, they also have a number of items on Amazon ranging from 1-3 stars, so as with any purchase, use caution, read reviews and do your homework.
The best-rated Beats product on Amazon Prime is the Beats Studio3 Wireless Headphones (click to see on Amazon), coming in at almost 5 stars, over 600 reviews.
Featuring a 12-hour battery life, battery life gauge so you know when to charge, easy charging with the included USB cable, noise-canceling feature and a 30-foot range, these come in well under $300, so Beats may well be worth it!
11 Best Earbuds Under 150
1. Meidong HE8K Wireless Earbuds
Just under $50 – noise-canceling Bluetooth Earbuds
- Cancels out background noise up to 32dB at Frequency Range 20-2000HZ, such as roaring of plane/subway/train engines
- 12-hour charge
- Charge from your Android phone
- Resistant to sweat & moisture – great for exercising
2. MEE audio EarBoost EB1 Bluetooth wireless adaptive audio enhancement earphones
Just under $100 – Perfect star rating on Amazon Prime (under 20 reviews)
- Use the EarBoost iOS/Android companion app to calibrate your EB1 earphones to your ears
- Features Qualcomm® aptX™ Low Latency technology to improve sound quality
- Bluetooth wireless
- Built-in microphone and remote
3. HydroActive Short-Cord Waterproof Headphone
Just under $100 – Near-perfect reviews on Amazon Prime (over 200 reviews)
- Waterproof – perfect for swimming, boating or other water sports
- Ships with 11 different earbud tips in 4 styles – each style is designed to help different ear shapes for different activities
4. LSTN Bolt Wireless Fitness Earbuds
Just under $100 – Near-perfect reviews on Amazon Prime (over 20 reviews)
- Custom tuned 6mm drivers
- Bluetooth 4.1
- Sweat-resistant with a rating of IPX4 (but not water-proof)
- 10 Hour battery life
5. SHURE Sound Isolating Earphones SE215
Just over $100 – Great star rating on Amazon (almost 100 reviews + free shipping)
- Dynamic MicroDriver Detailed Sound with Enhanced Bass, Newly Tuned for Extended Low-Frequency Response
- Sound Isolating Design blocks up to 37 dB of ambient noise
- Gold plated MMCX Connector has a lock-snap mechanism allowing 360-degree rotation for comfortable fit
- Optimized cable length of 46” (detachable)
6. SoundMAGIC E11C Sound Isolating In-Ear Headphones
Just over $50 – Only 4 and 5-star reviews on Amazon Prime (almost 20 reviews)
- New upgraded 10mm neodymium driver and silver plated copper cable with angled plug
- Protective bend/stress relief for cable connections
- Built-in microphone and remote with volume control for play/stop music and answer/end calls.
- Full compatibility with Apple and Android smartphones
- An Amazon’s Choice product
7. FiiO F9 Best Over the Ear Headphones/Earphones/Earbuds
Just under $100 – Great star rating on Amazon Prime (over 100 reviews)
- 3 drivers to produce bottomless lows and extended upper-mids and highs
- Hi-Resolution Audio Certified for frequency response up to 40kHz
- 6 pairs of silicone ear tips
- Waterproof carrying case
- In-line microphone and control
9. LKE Wireless Earbuds, Bluetooth Headphones
Just under $80 – Perfect star rating on Amazon Prime (under 20 reviews)
- One-step Pairing – They are easy to connect without pressing any buttons
- Bluetooth 33 foot range
- 18 HOURS Playtime
- Adjust Volume/Change Songs on Earbuds
- 60-day money back guarantee
10. 1MORE Triple Driver in-Ear Earphones
Just under $80 – Good star rating on Amazon Prime (almost 2000 reviews)
- 3 DRIVERS- Designed to “deliver an extremely accurate listening experience with unsurpassed dynamic power and clarity from deep bass to sizzling highs.”
- TUNED BY A GRAMMY AWARD WINNING SOUND ENGINEER- 1MORE worked with producer, mixer/sound engineer Luca Bignardi to “perfect the final tuning to deliver a precise representation of your favorite artist’s intended sound.”
- COMFORTABLE DESIGN- Designed for maximum comfort while delivering maximum sound, these actually come with 9 different tips to choose from so you can custom fit to your ears. “More comfortable and less likely to fall out, freeing you to enjoy your music.”
- INTELLIGENT CONTROLS – The in-line remote is easily accessed to allow effortless volume control, song selection, and switch to make or take calls. Independent ground wires “eliminate cross-talk and background static.”
11. Que Acoustics Q3E Wireless Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones / Earbuds
$99.00 – 4 stars on Amazon (16 reviews)
- Noise Isolating
- Sweat Proof & Water Resistant
- Built-in microphone and CVC noise cancellation for crystal clear phone calls
- Battery indicator on iOS devices
- Battery life play time 5 – 6 hrs. Standby time 250 hrs
Did we review all the best earbuds under 150 you wanted to see?
In this post, we dove deep into what earbuds are.
We also looked at the difference between earbuds and earphones. Specifically, though, we looked at the best earbuds under 150.
Everyone’s needs are different. A DJ has different needs than a pro audio mixer, a middle class dad hitting the gym before work or a college student who wants to listen to music while studying.
Ultimately with earbuds or earphones, the differences often come down to balancing price and audio quality. And the best earbuds under 150 on this list represent the best balance between those 2 needs.
Did we leave out one of your favorites? Any other best earbuds under 150 we could add to the list?