I love listening to music. But I haven’t always had good luck with earbuds at a good price. So I decided to look into the best earbuds under $150.
Here’s what I found:
The best earbuds under $150 often include features such as wireless Bluetooth & noise-canceling ability, the ability to sync with both Apple and Android phones & true bass frequency response. My favorite of these is the LKE Wireless Earbuds with 1 step Bluetooth pairing, 33-foot range, and 18 hour playtime.
I think you’ll agree with me that headphones, earbuds, and earphones can be a confusing topic for everyone outside the pro audio industry. That is why I recommend you to learn more here about these gadgets.
Some of us don’t know the difference between earbuds and earphones.
We also don’t know what constitutes a good one from a bad one. Why do some earbuds fall out easily while others are uncomfortable to wear?
Luckily there are simple answers to those questions.
There are also a lot of great earbuds under 150 out there. Earbuds that sound amazing while being kinder to your wallet.
In this post, we’re diving deep into the world of earbuds and earphones. We’ll answer the top questions surrounding them to take away the mystery so you can make the most informed decision for your needs.
Specifically, though, we’re looking at the best earbuds under 150.
What is the difference between earbuds and earphones?
The differences between earbuds & earphones are simply that earphones go inside the ear canal, whereas earbuds sit outside the ear canal. That being said, some earbuds lack the bass response of traditional headphones and earphones.
Compared to the clunky around the ear headphones of the 1970s, which have been making a comeback, earbuds and earphones are tiny.
While there are distinct differences between earbuds and earphones, they are very similar.
Looking for waterproof headphones?
That’s a different kind of animal altogether. If so, head over to https://www.globosurfer.com/best-waterproof-headphones/ to check out the options.
But what you may lack in the low end, you more than makeup for in price, so ultimately it can come down to affordability vs the quality of the sound.
In looking at the best earbuds under 150, we’ll be talking about both so you can make the right decision for your needs.
Which brand is best for earphones?
The best brand of earphones are:
Those links take you to their top-rated earbuds on Amazon, so if you want to learn more about any of them, just click over to Amazon to check them out.
Are Apple AirPods any good?
Apple AirPods are very good, especially if you get the AirPods Pro, rather than a 1st or 2nd generation set of AirPods. On Amazon, they have almost 200,000 reviews and most are 4 and 5 stars.
But don’t take my word for it. Take a look at all those reviews on Amazon. But if you’ve been living under a rock, you might be wondering what AirPods are.
They are Apple’s entry into the wireless earbud market.
They do rely heavily on Siri to control the music options. But Android users can still use AirPods and get most of the same features out of them.
They connect to your phone via Bluetooth, and while the sound quality won’t equal a nice pair of wired headphones, they actually sound really good. The days of thin, tinny-sounding audio with little to no bass-response are over!
Another cool aspect is that once you’ve paired them with your phone, they’ll automatically connect each time you put them in. Then they also disconnect automatically when you take them out (and removing 1 will pause your music).
Battery life is about 5 hours and they recharge automatically in the case they come in. The case charges via the lightning port. When fully charged, the case can charge up your AirPods about 4 times.
15 minutes of charging gets you about 3 hours of battery life, so they don’t take long to charge back up.
Like a lot of Apple products, they have come out with newer models making the owners of the previous versions feel like they need to upgrade.
True, the newer versions have in-line remote controls. But, in truth, the older models of AirPods are still great.
What are the best earbuds to buy?
The best earbuds to buy would be:
- Current model Apple AirPods
- Purity True Wireless Earbuds
- JAKO Wireless Waterproof Earbuds
- AUKEY Bluetooth In-ear Headphones
- TOZO Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Headphones
- ENACFIRE E60 Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds
Bear in mind the word “best” is pretty subjective.
But if we ignore price for the moment and focus solely on product reviews for sound quality, my favorite of those is the TOZO TWS Black Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Headphones (click to see current price on Amazon).
These amazing earbuds feature:
- ONE-STEP BLUETOOTH PAIRING – They are easy to connect without pressing any buttons. Just take them out of the charging case, let them pair each other automatically, in a matter of seconds.
- WATERPROOF – Up to 3 feet deep for up to 30 minutes for both the earbuds and charging case
- 40 FOOT WIRELESS RANGE– No wire connections at all and the connection is strong for 40 ft (Bluetooth 5.0 support), and if you are in the line of sight, many users reported a range of over 100 feet.
- STRONG BATTERY – Get over 6 hours of playtime from just 1 charge, plus 24 additional hours in the charging case.
An Amazon Prime product and an Amazon’s Choice product make this one a no-brainer.
Which earphone is best for bass?
Some of the best earphones for bass include:
- AMZSMT Bluetooth Earbuds with Deep Bass
- Mpow Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds with Bass+ and Noise Cancellation
- ZLBBM Bluetooth Waterproof, Wireless Earbuds with Pumping Bass
- VEATOOL Wireless, Waterproof Bluetooth Earbuds
- TaoTronics Bluetooth Wireless Waterproof Earbuds with Noise Cancellation
- ENACFIRE GEEK Wireless Bluetooth Waterproof Earbuds with Noise Cancellation
Cheesy pop songs aside, it really is all about that bass.
After all, who wants to hear their music on thin-sounding tinny headphones?
But of all those I just listed, listening, going through reviews, looking at not only the total star-rating but the percentage of 1 and 2 stars, the one earphone that stands out is the Mpow Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds with Bass+ and Noise Cancellation.
And the best part is they are currently well under $50 bucks on Amazon.
Just click that link to see the current price on Amazon.
The Mpow earphones feature:
- Punchy Bass, HD Sound, and noise cancellation
- 28 hours non-stop music and 10 minute fast charge
- Waterproof for sports
- An Amazon Choice product with no reviews currently lower than 4-stars
Are Beats worth it?
Beats aren’t worth the steep asking price as you can easily find alternatives that sound as good or better for a lower dollar amount. Beats make both over-ear headphones and earbuds with an average price range of $49 to $249 for earbuds and headphones from $91 to $299.
But let me be clear; they sound great.
They are just pricey compared to other great-sounding earbuds and over-ear headphones. So if you want Beats, just know you’re paying for the name and the style as much as the sound.
If you aren’t familiar, Beats is a company founded by hip-hop star Dr. Dre and record producer/co-founder of Interscope Records, Jimmy Iovine.
They make traditional headphones, earbuds/earphones, speakers, and more. And yes, they do make some higher-end products well into the hundreds of dollars.
That being said, they do have a number of earbuds and earphones on Amazon between 4 and 5 stars for well under $100.
In fact, their top-rated earbud/earphone is the Beats Powerbeats Pro Wireless Earphones (click to see current price on Amazon) which has an excellent star rating on Amazon, is an Amazon Choice product and is currently WELL under $300 bucks.
Tangle-free cable, easy switching between music and phone, and 4 pairs of tips for a more custom fit.
That being said, they also have a number of items on Amazon ranging from 1-3 stars, so as with any purchase, use caution, read reviews, and do your homework.
The best-rated Beats over-ear headphones on Amazon Prime is the Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphones (click to see on Amazon), coming in at almost 5 stars, over 7,000 reviews.
Featuring multiple color choices, 40 hours of battery life, Fast Fuel 5-minute charging option, and wireless Bluetooth!
Compatible with iOS and Android devices.
11 Best Earbuds Under 150
1. Meidong HE6 Bluetooth Wireless in-Ear Headphones
Just under $40 – Waterproof Bluetooth Earbuds
- Waterproof & sports-friendly
- 10-hour music playback and 350-hour standby
- Charge through micro USB
- 18-Month Warranty
2. MEE audio EarBoost EB1 Bluetooth wireless adaptive audio enhancement earphones
Just under $100 – Perfect star rating on Amazon Prime (under 20 reviews)
- Use the EarBoost iOS/Android companion app to calibrate your EB1 earphones to your ears
- Features Qualcomm® aptX™ Low Latency technology to improve sound quality
- Bluetooth wireless
- Built-in microphone and remote
3. HydroActive Short-Cord Waterproof Headphone
Just under $100 – Near-perfect reviews on Amazon Prime (over 200 reviews)
- Waterproof – perfect for swimming, boating or other water sports
- Ships with 11 different earbud tips in 4 styles – each style is designed to help different ear shapes for different activities
4. LSTN Bolt Wireless Fitness Earbuds
Just under $100 – Near-perfect reviews on Amazon Prime (over 20 reviews)
- Custom tuned 6mm drivers
- Bluetooth 4.1
- Sweat-resistant with a rating of IPX4 (but not water-proof)
- 10 Hour battery life
5. SHURE Sound Isolating Earphones SE215
Just over $100 – Great star-rating on Amazon (almost 100 reviews + free shipping)
- Dynamic MicroDriver Detailed Sound with Enhanced Bass, Newly Tuned for Extended Low-Frequency Response
- Sound Isolating Design blocks up to 37 dB of ambient noise
- Gold plated MMCX Connector has a lock-snap mechanism allowing 360-degree rotation for a comfortable fit
- Optimized cable length of 46” (detachable)
6. SoundMAGIC E11C Sound Isolating In-Ear Headphones
Just over $50 – Only 4 and 5-star reviews on Amazon Prime (almost 20 reviews)
- New upgraded 10mm neodymium driver and silver plated copper cable with angled plug
- Protective bend/stress relief for cable connections
- Built-in microphone and remote with volume control for play/stop music and answer/end calls.
- Full compatibility with Apple and Android smartphones
- An Amazon’s Choice product
7. FiiO F9 Best Over the Ear Headphones/Earphones/Earbuds
Just under $100 – Great star rating on Amazon Prime (over 100 reviews)
- 3 drivers to produce bottomless lows and extended upper-mids and highs
- Hi-Resolution Audio Certified for frequency response up to 40kHz
- 6 pairs of silicone ear tips
- Waterproof carrying case
- In-line microphone and control
9. TOZO TWS Black Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Headphones
Just under $40 – Perfect star rating on Amazon Prime (over 50,000 reviews)
- One-step Pairing – They are easy to connect without pressing any buttons
- Bluetooth 40 foot range, and up to 100 feet when in line of sight
- Amazing Bass Performance with 6mm Large Size Speaker Driver
- 6 HOURS Playtime & 24 extra hours in the compact charging case
- Waterproof earbuds and case
10. 1MORE Triple Driver in-Ear Earphones
Just under $80 – Good star rating on Amazon Prime (almost 2000 reviews)
- 3 DRIVERS- Designed to “deliver an extremely accurate listening experience with unsurpassed dynamic power and clarity from deep bass to sizzling highs.”
- TUNED BY A GRAMMY AWARD WINNING SOUND ENGINEER- 1MORE worked with producer, mixer/sound engineer Luca Bignardi to “perfect the final tuning to deliver a precise representation of your favorite artist’s intended sound.”
- COMFORTABLE DESIGN- Designed for maximum comfort while delivering maximum sound, these actually come with 9 different tips to choose from so you can custom fit to your ears. “More comfortable and less likely to fall out, freeing you to enjoy your music.”
- INTELLIGENT CONTROLS – The in-line remote is easily accessed to allow effortless volume control, song selection, and switch to make or take calls. Independent ground wires “eliminate cross-talk and background static.”
11. Que Acoustics Q3E Wireless Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones / Earbuds
$99.00 – 4 stars on Amazon (16 reviews)
- Noise Isolating
- Sweat Proof & Water Resistant
- Built-in microphone and CVC noise cancellation for crystal clear phone calls
- Battery indicator on iOS devices
- Battery life playtime 5 – 6 hrs. Standby time 250 hrs
Did we review all the best earbuds under 150 you wanted to see?
In this post, we dove deep into what earbuds are.
We also looked at the difference between earbuds and earphones. Specifically, though, we looked at the best earbuds under 150.
Everyone’s needs are different. A DJ has different needs than a pro audio mixer, a middle class dad hitting the gym before work or a college student who wants to listen to music while studying.
Ultimately with earbuds or earphones, the differences often come down to balancing price and audio quality. And the best earbuds under 150 on this list represent the best balance between those 2 needs.
Did we leave out one of your favorites? Any other best earbuds under 150 we could add to the list?