Given that we’re in the middle of a global pandemic right now, it makes sense that people would be looking for as many ways to add a little more to their income as possible.
A second income isn’t always easy to come by, though, so you need to do everything that you can to add as much as possible to support you in paying your bills.
Whether you choose to get on board with installing automated trading software and start trading from your living room, or you start selling all your stuff, there are plenty of ways that you can get that extra income rolling in.
Once you get started with better supporting your income, you’re going to be able to feel a little less pressure on you to pay your rent. So, with this in mind, here are five great ways to earn a second income.
- Rent out a room. Do you happen to be lucky enough to have a spare room in your house? Well, there is every chance that you could rent it out for a chunk of change through the year. You may not even need to pay tax on your rental income if it’s low enough! Check out the house share sites and other room rental sites and see what others are paying or are willing to pay for a room to rent. Make sure that they have their own space, though. You don’t want to be the type of landlord who will be in the face of the renter!
- Rent out the driveway. It sounds ridiculous given the small amount of real estate space that you have with a driveway, but if you are living close to a town or city, you can easily earn a decent amount of money every month that undercuts what gets spent in public car parking spaces. Work out how much the local multi-story car park is charging people to park, and charge less than that! Once you understand what you could be earning, you could be covering your electricity bill!
- Become a tutor. Are you excellent at something? One of the best ways to earn a little more money is to take your talent and sell it to those who need it. So, private tutoring local kids or adults in anything from algebra to cookery will help you to offer something to others in exchange for cash. Don’t forget to register yourself as a tutor though – you don’t want to be stung with taxes!
- Declutter and sell. Go through your home and make an inventory of all of the things that you don’t use and have not used in years. Start listing all of this stuff on online selling sites and you will be able to earn some instant cash. You wouldn’t believe how much money people have stored in their attics without even knowing it, so bring a pad and pen with you when you look through the house so that you can make a list.
- Use your car. Take your car and take a job as a delivery driver. You can deliver anything from parcels to food, and all you need is your car. You can earn a little cash and, depending on what you are delivering, you may even earn yourself a hot meal at the end of the night!