Do you walk around feeling tired or miserable all the time? Are you unhappy with your appearance too? If so, you’re not alone.
Millions of Americans struggle with lethargic behavior and a less than perfect opinion of their physical appearance. Perhaps they’re unhappy with their weight or their skin breakouts and inflammation. It could also be that they have poor posture from sitting and sleeping incorrectly for a long time. All of these things contribute to feeling and looking bad.
The good news is that you can turn around these problems and make them go away. You just need to follow a few pieces of critical advice regarding your self-care.
The simple act of drinking water and staying hydrated can go a long way in making you feel and look your best. Don’t forget that 70% of the human body consists of water. That percentage decreases slightly as we get older because the body’s fluid reserves start to shrink.
Hydration does so many positive things to make you feel and look better. They include:
- Removing waste
- Managing body temperature
- Stimulates saliva production
- Stimulates the flow of oxygen and nutrients in the body
- Helps absorb nutrients and strengthen the immune system
- Helps prevent disease
- Helps to avoid mental diseases
Do you struggle to stay hydrated? Here are some easy-to-follow tips to stay hydrated throughout the day.
- Drink plenty of water with your meals and whenever else you’re thirsty. Avoid drinking sodas, sugary drinks, and other unnatural beverages. Six 8-ounce glasses of water per day are recommended.
- Drink tea or juice as an alternative to water. People who don’t like the taste of water can substitute some of their water intake for tea or juice. However, try to avoid consuming too many calories or caffeine.
- Consume water-based foods. You can get about 20% of your daily water intake requirement from tomatoes, celery, cucumbers, broccoli, grapefruit, strawberries, spinach, peppers, and cauliflower.
- Probiotics are healthy bacteria that aid the body to absorb nutrients and digest foods. They also help the body absorb water too. You can find probiotics in cultured foods like yogurt or kombucha.
It is not difficult to stay hydrated if you incorporate healthy drinking and eating habits into your life. Grow accustomed to drinking out of water bottles and eating more fruits and vegetables. Avoid sodas and alcohol. If you follow this advice, you should stop feeling so lethargic and light-headed all the time.
Fix Your Posture
Do you sit down all day for your job? Most people cannot help but slouch over when they sit for a long time. They may also slouch if they have to stand for a long time too. Slouching can lead to poor back and neck posture.
Not only does this look unattractive, but it can cause pain too.
Before you can fix your posture, you must understand the difference between Static Posture vs. Dynamic Posture. Static posture is the posture you maintain while you’re not moving (e.g., lying down, sitting, standing). Dynamic posture is the posture you maintain while you’re moving (e.g., squatting, walking, running).
Both types of posture need correction. There are yoga poses and exercises you can practice to help straighten your neck and back each day. The best advice is to take periodic breaks from sitting and practice these exercises. You can also sit in a chair which is designed to prevent slouching.
The BackStrong C1 Vegan Leather chair is one good example.
Failure to move around much can make you feel lethargic. Health experts recommend that you do at least 20 minutes of cardiovascular exercise per day. It is the minimum amount of exercise needed to stimulate your blood flow, heartbeats, and overall well-being.
If you cannot get to the gym each day, you should consider using an at-home cardio machine. Some of the best at-home machines include rowers, treadmills, ellipticals, and exercise bikes. They require substantial upfront investments, but the long-term benefits will make it worth the money.
Feeling and looking better requires effort. If you don’t feel or look great right now, it is probably due to neglect. Perhaps you’ve been so busy with work and family that you’ve ignored your overall well-being.
The good news is that it’s never too late to change your ways and put yourself on a healthier path. If you can remember to stay hydrated, fix your posture, and perform cardiovascular exercise each day, you should notice a significant improvement in both how you feel and your appearance.