For many business owners, cleaning their business is an afterthought that comes behind keeping the business running, managing employees, and interacting with customers. It can be a struggle to keep an office, warehouse, or other workplace clean and tidy, especially when things get busy. But here’s a secret: a clean workplace lays the foundation for the three things we mentioned above!
When things are organized and clutter-free, the business runs more smoothly; when spaces are clean and hygienic, employees are happier and more productive; and when your business looks clean and fresh, customers walk away with a better impression of your company.
It’s pretty clear to see why your business may require professional janitorial services. But before you go out and hire a team of cleaners, you will want to consider your choices. When it comes to maintaining your workspace and property, you have two main options: janitorial services or commercial office cleaning.
You may need both types of services at some point, so it’s important to understand what each one involves. There is a big difference between these two services, so read on to understand how they differ before hiring your cleaning team.
When you hire a janitorial cleaning service, you are bringing in a company to take care of every day cleaning tasks that help to keep your business running smoothly. This service ensures that your business is well maintained and always ready to welcome employees, visitors, and customers.
Janitorial services can fit a variety of businesses, and can be scheduled daily, weekly, bi-weekly, or pretty much on any schedule that works for your business. That being said, most businesses choose to have janitorial services daily to ensure that their workspace looks its absolute best.
Janitorial cleaning services include:
- Surface cleaning and dusting
- Washroom cleaning
- Sweeping and mopping
- Light vacuuming
- Sanitizing break rooms, kitchens, waiting rooms, lobbies, and conference rooms
- Emptying trash
- Cleaning shared kitchen appliances
Many janitorial teams work evening or overnight shifts so that they do not interfere with business operations during the day. This also allows them the freedom to fully clean every room without having to take over a desk or office that is currently in use.
Why hire a janitorial service? There are plenty of great reasons, but here are some of the best benefits:
- Employees won’t have to perform routine tidying and maintenance, which allows them to focus on their jobs
- Janitorial services offer a cost effective alternative to paying your employees to keep their workspace clean
- Cleaning becomes a proactive task, rather than reactive (ie. people only cleaning when things get messy)
- Your business will always be clean, fresh, and ready for work
- Daily janitorial services significantly reduce the buildup of dirt, germs, bacteria, and allergens in your workplace (especially in high traffic areas such as bathrooms and kitchens), resulting in less sickness amongst your employees
- Professional cleaning teams use high quality supplies and tools which provide a better clean than the cleaning supplies that are probably in your storage closet
Commercial Office Cleaning Services
When you hire commercial office cleaners, you are hiring a team of cleaners who will visit your business less frequently than janitorial services. Commercial office cleaning involves more deep cleaning tasks and jobs that don’t need to be done on a regular basis. While some businesses hire commercial cleaning services as a one time job, others prefer to schedule a couple of appointments per year through Maid delivery software. You can choose to plan the bigger cleaning jobs yourself, or let the pros suggest a good timeline for your business.
Commercial office cleaning services include:
- Power washing
- Carpet deep cleans
- Duct cleaning
- Furniture and upholstery cleaning
- Window washing
- Hard-to-reach areas
Is there a stain on your lobby carpet from two years ago? Has the dust piled up on that high ledge that nobody can reach? If so, you may want to consider scheduling a commercial office cleaning service. While the team can provide suggestions for what tasks need to be done, start a list of items beforehand that you can add tasks to as you think of them.
If you opt to hire a professional cleaning company for your commercial office cleaning, here are some benefits that you could see:
- Professional cleaners are called professional for a reason – they have seen it all and can point out areas that need cleaning that you may not have noticed or considered
- You won’t have to worry about scheduling big cleaning tasks around tight deadlines or busy periods for your staff
- While a customer may appreciate a tidy office space, one that is truly deep cleaned and cared for can add a wow factor for your clients
- Commercial cleaning teams have specialist equipment to properly clean items such as upholstery and carpet
- If you own your office space or warehouse, maintaining a standard of clean can improve the resale value of the property
The Fantastic Cleaning team provides you with hassle free janitorial and commercial office cleaning services that work on your schedule and budget. Whether you need janitorial staff working behind the scenes to create a clean space that you can be proud of, or a large commercial cleaning crew to tackle a job that has been put off for too long, our team is there.
If you are looking for a way to keep your office clean and tidy and keep your employees and customers smiling, contact us today to learn more about our services!