A spouse visa, also known as a UK marriage visa, permits married partners of UK citizens to immigrate to the UK since they are married to someone settled in the UK.
This visa allows non-British partners to reside and grants them a spouse work permit in the United Kingdom. Couples living together for at least two years in an unmarried relationship with a specified individual and intend to marry or enter into an official civil partnership in the UK can apply for this visa. We will put you through essential details you need to know before taking this action.
You can make an online application. However, an appointment at a visa application centre is also required to register biometric data (photograph and fingerprints). Additionally, you’ll need to provide copies of all the necessary supporting documents, which can be pretty comprehensive.
The caseworker reviewing your application may request that you attend a Spouse Visa Interview if they have any reservations regarding the validity of your relationship. To ensure that your marriage is real and not fake, you will be asked questions about your relationship and each other.
Prerequisites for Obtaining a Spouse Visa
You must do the following before submitting your application for a UK Spouse Visa:
- Have all the necessary documentation on hand
- Take the ‘Genuine Relationship Test’ to see if you’re in a genuine relationship.
- Meet the financial criterion as well as the minimum income requirement.
- Demonstrate your ability to communicate in English.
- Have proof of adequate lodging for yourself, your partner, and any dependents.
- To obtain leave to remain, have your biometrics taken.
- Depending on the applicant’s residency, you may also need to pass a medical exam to prove you don’t have tuberculosis (TB).
- The financial requirements needed for a UK Spouse visa are as follows:
- You must meet financial criteria to demonstrate that you can effectively support yourself in the UK without relying on public subsidies.
The financial criteria for a UK Spouse visa application specify that you must show that your spouse (or both of you if you have valid leave to remain in the UK) has a gross yearly income of at least £18,600. You can make use of a branded card that complies with your visa requirements.
Documents Needed for Your Application
Having all of the necessary documentation to support your UK Spouse Visa application will help to guarantee that it is approved and avoid delays.
- Your marriage or civil partnership certificate in its original form
- You must show proof that you and your partner have lived together for at least two years.
- To obtain leave to remain in the UK, you must have a valid passport.
- A valid certificate demonstrating that you have met the English language requirement.
- Accommodation proof
- Evidence of a genuine relationship
- You must prove that you meet the income and financial requirements.
- You must show proof that you are married to a British citizen or a permanent resident of the United Kingdom (for example, UK citizens can submit a copy of their passport)
Processing Time for UK Partner Visas
Ninety-five per cent of UK Partner visa applications are expected to be processed within 12 weeks, according to UK Visa & Immigration.
Most visa application centres outside the UK provide a Settlement Priority Visa Service if your visa is processed faster. Your UK Spouse visa application will be placed at the front of the line at every stage of the decision-making process as a result of this. A UK Spouse visa submitted through the Settlement Priority Visa Service usually takes no more than 30 working days to process. A well-prepared visa application can speed up the processing time.
Your in-country application will usually be decided within eight weeks if you apply using the Standard Service. After giving your biometric information, you should generally receive a decision the next working day if you apply through the Super Priority Service.
If not properly prepared, an application in this category may be denied. The government of the United Kingdom wants to reduce net migration. To meet these goals, immigration officers are likely to deny family visas on even the most flimsy grounds, leaving no space for error. However, if you have a UK-based company, you can make a sponsor licence application for your spouse if eligible.
You must put all these details in mind to avoid rejection. An appeal might not be as easy as you think.
- Tips for Sprucing Up Your Living Room On a Weekend - February 9, 2024
- Sagittarius Man & Gemini Woman Love and Sex Compatibility - January 31, 2024
- Taurus Ascendant Rising Personality Traits in Men (Guide) - January 31, 2024