Have you ever wondered how you can save on passport photos at Walgreens? Here are a few quick tips on how to cut the price for your passport photo in half if not more.
Walgreens’ biggest competitor used to be Costco with only $4.99 for a photo and $9.98 for two. Although Costco has shut down all their offline photo services as of February 2021.
Meanwhile at Walgreens and other pharmacies and photo centres you can get your passport photo done for $14-$15 per two photos. It is still cheaper than at photo studios that offer passport photo service for $20-$35.
Lets see how you can save more than $10 on your passport photos by using an online service.
How is an Online Service Better?
Online photo services are faster, open 24/7 and offer support at any time of day to start with.
If that’s not enough, here are a few quick points to help you:
- You are the one taking your photo. Use a camera that you have at home or your smartphone even to produce a high-quality passport photo. Follow these guidelines to get the perfect home-made picture.
- An online service adjusts the image’s format, size, background, plus the head and eyes’ position so you don’t have to worry about getting a compliant photo for your passport.
- It won’t take you more than 5 minutes to get you from ‘upload’ to ‘download’
- You get support 24/7.
- By choosing an online service you get a digital version of your photo that you can reuse several times
- You don’t have to go anywhere to take your photo. If you want it printed off then you might need to use an offline service or you could do it using a home photo printer.
- It only costs you roughly $7
- Besides, you can get more than a passport photo by using an online service. You can get any passport or visa photo done online with a 100% acceptance rate.
Get a Printed Photo at Walgreens for Only $0.35
Once you have your digital photos ready, you should head to your nearest Walgreens and get them printed out. You can use their mobile app as well to place the order.
How to get your digital photo printed in 4 easy steps?
- Go to the nearest Walgreens
- Choose a 4×6 print
- Upload the printable image with 4 separate photos on it
- Pay $0.35 and pick up your order. Your photo will be printed on a high-quality glossy paper that matches the U.S passport photo requirements
Here you go, just by following a few easy steps you get yourself not two, but four gorgeous passport size photos as well as a digital option for future use for only $7.35 instead of $14.99
Tips for the Best U.S Passport Photo
Now, before you head off to take your photo, we’d love to give a couple reminders on how to take a better one for your U.S passport.
- The picture has to be no older than 6 months and represent your latest appearance
- It has to be colored, 600×600 pixels and JPEG (if digital) and 51x51mm printed
- No glasses
- No head coverings other than hijabi
- Photo has to be a full face portrait with eyes facing the camera
- Photo has to be on high-quality glossy paper with no visible blurs or pixels
Follow the steps above to get a fully compliant U.S. passport photo and save more than 50% on it.