Mother’s Day is just around the corner!
What are your plans for this Mother’s Day?
Do you have something special in mind for your Mom or Wife? If you have kids, are you getting them involved in the plans? Among the many ideas out there, finding the best Mother’s Day inspirational quotes can make her day.
You can post these best Mother’s Day inspirational quotes about her on social media. Or have the kids make handmade Mother’s Day quotes cards.
These beautifully written best Mother’s Day inspirational quotes can really convey just how special your Mom or Wife really is.
Most of us lack the words, descriptive imagination and depth of feeling to really convey on paper everything we feel.
So these best Mother’s Day inspirational quotes are the perfect solution for your Mother’s Day plans this year!
I literally scoured the web, looking at dozens of sites and hundreds of Mother’s Day quotes.
If you just Google Mother’s Day inspirational quotes, a lot comes up. Unfortunately, a lot of them are not great. Too basic, too generic, too sarcastic, overused or about as emotional as a physics textbook.
Many are OK but by people you’ve never heard of.
Thus the list I’ve got here represents the best of the best. I’ve culled the mediocre and boring to bring you only the . . .
31 Best Mother’s Day Inspirational Quotes You Must Know!
1. “God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made Mothers.” – Rudyard Kipling
2. “All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother.” – Abraham Lincoln
3. “A Mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dates all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path.” ― Agatha Christie
4. “I will look after you and I will look after anybody you say needs to be looked after, any way you say. I am here. I brought my whole self to you. I am your Mother.” ― Maya Angelou
5. “It’s not easy being a Mother. If it were easy, Fathers would do it” – Dorothy, The Golden Girls
6. “A Mother is clothed with strength and dignity, laughs without fear of the future. When she speaks her words are wise and she gives instructions with kindness.” – Proverbs 31:25
7. “To describe my Mother would be to write about to write about a hurricane in its perfect power” – Maya Angelou
8. “Every woman becomes their Mother. That’s their tragedy. And no man becomes his. That’s his tragedy.” – Oscar Wilde
9. “A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials, heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine, desert us when troubles thicken around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.” – Washington Irving
10. “Acceptance, tolerance, bravery, compassion. These are the things my mom taught me.” – Lady Gaga
11. “Sweater, n.: garment worn by child when its mother is feeling chilly.” – Ambrose Bierce
12. “It may be possible to gild pure gold, but who can make his mother more beautiful?” – Mahatma Gandhi
13. “God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers.” – Jewish Proverb
14. “My Mother had a great deal of trouble with me. But I think she enjoyed it!” – Mark Twain
15. “I always wondered why God was supposed to be a father,’ she whispers. ‘Fathers always want you to measure up to something. Mothers are the ones who love you unconditionally, don’t you think?” ―Jodi Picoult
16. “She raised us with humor, and she raised us to understand that not everything was going to be great – but how to laugh through it!” – Liza Minnelli
17. “We never know the love of the parent until we become parents ourselves.” – Henry Ward Beecher
18. “The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.” – Rajneesh
19. “You don’t really understand human nature unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around — and why his parents will always wave back.” – William D. Tammeus
20. “A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.” – – Tenneva Jordan
21. “A mother’s happiness is like a beacon, lighting up the future but reflected also on the past in the guise of fond memories.” – Honore de Balzac
22. “The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.” – Theodore Hesburgh
23. “Mama was my greatest teacher, a teacher of compassion, love and fearlessness. If love is sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love.” – Stevie Wonder
24. “Mother–that was the bank where we deposited all our hurts and worries” – T. Dewitt Talmage
25. ”Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs… since the payment is pure love” – Mildred B. Vermont
26. “Mother’s love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved.” – Erich Fromm
27. “Mothers can forgive anything! Tell me all, and be sure that I will never let you go, though the whole world should turn from you.” – Louisa May Alcott
28. “You are far more precious than jewels” – Proverbs 31:10
29. “Mothers are full of love and laughter, filling our hearts forever after. Mothers are always loving and dreaming, putting up with us and all of our scheming. Mothers are sweet smiles and happy faces, forgiving us of our troublesome disgraces.” – Susan M Keenan
30. “Life hasn’t always been fair, sometimes it has been very mean. I fell down along the way, I got wounds that couldn’t be seen. But through it all my mother never left my side, her constant love is the reason my tears have finally dried.” – Mercy Pheona
31. “My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute my success in life to the moral, intellectual, and physical education I received from her.” —George Washington