It is becoming increasingly important to prioritize mental health. This is because it impacts all areas of life, including social, psychological, physical, and emotional well-being. The World Health Organisation reports that 25% of the population suffers from anxiety or depression yearly.
It’s essential to take care of mental health to avoid being part of these statistics. You can take several steps to enhance mental health daily, such as spending some time playing your favorite games at icecasino. There’s also an option of using your tablet or smartphone to find peace of mind. Many intuitive mobile applications help users streamline mental health concerns and treatments. Go through some of the best apps for mental health you can take advantage of below.
Voted the best overall mental health app in 2020 and 2021 by Verywell Mind, Moodfit offers a comprehensive set of custom tools that help people learn about what affects their mood. It uses CBT (Cognitive behavioral) principles like mindfulness, thought records, gratitude journaling, and meditation to treat mood fluctuations resulting from anxiety, stress, or depression. The top valuable features the application avails include:
- Daily Goals – it offers users mental health workouts they can engage in daily to help create new habits and hold them accountable.
- Mental Health Tools include gratitude exercises, mood journals, breath work, sleep, nutrition, mindfulness, and more.
- Content – consists of reminders, notifications, articles, and inspiration, among others.
- Insights – they offer tailor-made reports to help you identify patterns and relationships.
You can either use the free or paid version, depending on your preference.
Talkspace Counselling & Therapy
Talkspace is a chat therapy platform that matches users with therapists from US states. You can talk to the professionals through audio, video, or text anytime from your devices. The app featured on CNN, The Wall Street Journal, and Business Insider have shown to be as effective as face-to-face therapy.
The Talkspace provider network consists of accredited and vetted therapists according to NCQA standards. The specialists have experience treating many mental and health issues, including stress, PTSD, substance abuse, and more. The app further avails several payment plans catering to different mental health needs and budgets.
Another app you can use for your mental health is Bearable. It allows you to keep track of symptoms, daily activities, mood, and other health factors such as medication, sleep, food diary, and exercise. Moreover, the application automatically allows users to sync heart rate, blood pressure, steps, weight, etc. The fully customizable app was shaped by a community of people with different chronic ailments, and you can use it for tracking:
- Mental health
- Chronic diseases
In addition, the app can also function as a health diary and journal. The app can give you deeper insight into how factors like treatments, medications, or triggers can affect your health. In essence, it offers an overall outlook on mental and physical health and wellness, allowing your doctor to give a better diagnosis and engagement.
Anyone suffering from lack of sleep and stress can benefit from downloading Headspace. The application presents a guide that helps individuals practice mindfulness daily. It teaches you to manage stress, relax, and focus energy to be well-rested and centered. The app has hundreds of meditations to choose from each day, primarily dealing with:
- Daily meditations that include tons of mindfulness exercises and breathe easy mini-meditations for a fast mental reset.
- Sleep meditations for a more restful night, including soothing sounds and tranquil music to help achieve deep slumber. These also include daily short videos to brighten your day.
- Coping mediations and stress relief- these encompass “SOS” sessions for anxious moments. You also get breathwork and meditation to build resilience and help cope with anger, sadness, and change adaptation.
- Build productivity and find focus. It offers 12 stations of focus music to set the mood right, enhance concentration, and boost productivity.
Mindshift is best described as an evidence-based anxiety management app. The free application is designed to help reduce panic, worry, and stress by following evidence-based strategies. It provides valuable CBT tools that aid in challenging negativity, getting a deeper understanding of anxiety, and developing more efficient ways of being mindful, relaxing, and thinking. Examples of CBT strategies to uncover using the application are:
- Writing thought journals
- Building fear ladders
- Challenging belief experiments
- Performing comfort zone tasks
- Staying grounded
- Reframing thoughts
The app also features that help you stay accountable and track progress by recording and viewing journal and graph entries.
Mental health apps are great tools for treating and promoting mental wellness. You must, however, be careful when using such applications to ensure you get proper advice that’s not harmful. Only use research-informed apps backed by scientific evidence to support your mental health journey. Above are some of the best mental health apps you can explore.