Those couples, who want to become parents but can’t do this for some reason, often turn to assisted reproductive technologies. Taking into account the level of technical equipment of clinics, the qualifications of doctors in highly developed countries, many people choose surrogacy in Greece as a way to realize their right to have a full-fledged family. Now medicine is at the highest level, especially in the World Center of Baby surrogacy in Greece. Surrogacy is allowed in this country. Moreover, it is regulated by law. This technique appeared at the end of the twentieth century. Still, there are heated discussions about it in the world.
It is customary to call surrogate motherhood an assisted reproductive technology. A healthy woman of childbearing age voluntarily agrees to bear and give birth to a child biologically alien to her. Then the baby will be given to the genetic father and mother for upbringing. The terms of cooperation are indicated in a formal agreement drawn up by a lawyer.
The price for the services is quite reasonable. The cost starts at 20,000 euros, which is quite cheap compared to the USA. At the same time, the quality of the service provided is not worse than that of other world leaders in the service of traditional and gestational surrogacy.
Many years of experience in cooperation with various partners allowed World Center of Baby to form an individual price list and create a favorable cost of programs with the participation of leaders in their industry (clinics, laboratories, and maternity hospitals).
Surrogacy in Greece: Important Facts
If a gay/lesbian/heterosexual couple wants to use surrogacy services, they must know all the important nuances. There are a couple of important aspects:
- The first one concerns the search for a surrogate mother and the conclusion of a cooperation agreement. In this country, a relative can’t become a surrogate mother. Moreover, advertising surrogacy services is prohibited. Therefore, the search and all other services are carried out by specialized centers, such as the World Center of Baby agency.
- In addition, both the biological and surrogate mothers are required to undergo a full range of examinations. Future parents should also prepare and submit all documents to the court. Sometimes, the approval of the permission for surrogacy services can take up to 8 months for a case to be considered in court.
Stages of the surrogacy program:
- The first stage is preparatory. The choice of a surrogate mother occurs here.
- At the next stage of the program, the future surrogate mother must undergo a comprehensive medical examination and receive a certificate signed by a gynecologist, therapist, and psychiatrist, confirming the fact that pregnancy is not contraindicated for her.
- After that, doctors synchronize the menstrual cycles of the genetic and surrogate mothers. It is necessary for the body of the surrogate mother to be ready for the successful attachment of the embryo.
- The standard protocol for in vitro fertilization includes hormonal stimulation of superovulation, the collection of egg cells from a woman and sperm from a man, the connection of sex cells in a test tube for the purpose of fertilization, and the implantation of the embryo into the uterus of the surrogate mother. The procedure sometimes can be performed with minimal or no ovulation stimulation (that is, in the natural cycle).
- To increase the chances of successful in vitro fertilization, micromanipulation of sperm injection into the egg may be prescribed. To increase the likelihood of successful attachment of the embryo to the inner lining of the uterus, a hatching procedure (excision of the embryonic membrane) is often performed. To make sure that pregnancy has occurred, a woman is tested for the level of the hormone hCG and undergoes an ultrasound examination.
Best Surrogacy Agency in Greece
To find a good agency is the very first and one of the most important tasks as well as the selection of a surrogate mother. Usually, each agency has its database of women who meet strict legal requirements. In the World Center of Baby agency, genetic parents can choose a surrogate mother according to their own criteria and preferences. Other services that a surrogacy agency can provide include:
- Selection of the clinic in which the examination will be carried out and IVF performed, as well as the clinic in which the surrogate mother will be observed during pregnancy and give birth.
- Registration of all documents and full legal support at all stages of participation in the program.
- Help in solving unforeseen situations.
- Assistance in finding accommodation and transfer from the airport.
- Providing all types of information services.
- Additional perfect services of an interpreter, nanny, psychologist, nurse, etc.
Don’t be intimidated by the distance and the need to seek help from foreign specialists. All details and conventions are undertaken by the World Center of Baby agency. The level of medicine in Greece is one of the highest in Europe. And reproductive technology deserves the highest praise.
If necessary, the agency will provide your complete anonymity throughout the entire program and after its completion.
Surrogacy Laws in Greece: Is It Legal?
According to the World Child Agency Center forum, surrogacy is completely legal in Greece. This is one of the countries where future parents will be legally protected in case of force majeure. However, future parents must meet certain requirements. If all requirements are met, the application will be granted.
Surrogate mothers and future parents must undergo medical and psychological tests. This is a prerequisite in order to prove to the court that they are healthy from a medical and mental point of view. By the way, Greece is the only country in Europe where a surrogate mother has no right to a child. Couples become legal parents from the moment they conceive a baby.
Legal assistance in the surrogacy program protects the rights of both a couple and a surrogate mother. Before the implementation of the program, the genetic parents and the surrogate mother enter into an agreement. It prescribes absolutely all conditions for preparation, implementation of an IVF program, management of pregnancy and childbirth, conditions for multiple pregnancies, force majeure circumstances, as well as some additional conditions. All parties must be aware of the potential risks. So, it is better to draw up a contract with a competent agency that has sufficient experience in this particular area.