There are many schools, preschools and nurseries in Thailand; thus difficult to know which the best schools to take your kid is. If it is your first time to start looking for one, it can be a bit daunting. Montessori schools have already made a name for themselves due to the quality education offered, but how do you choose one over another? What is your guiding principle?
The Montessori System
In this article, we provide a guide to how to find and identify Montessori schools. The Montessori school like Wonder Valley in Hat Yai, have unique features, which stimulates children’s senses and natural interest to learn. Montessori students have undying interest and passion in what they choose to do. They make significant progress compared to other students. The Montessori system has spread like wildfire and is now all over Thailand.
Maria Montessori, Italy’s first female physician, coined the entire idea. Maria chose to do a learning experiment on children to turn children learning. With time, Maria observed that the children preferred leaning under these provided materials. They show more interest. She opened a school in 1906, Casa Dei Bambini, which chose several learning topics where pupils could learn without pressure. Maria’s students advanced better well over time.
A Montessori school is known for the curriculum offered. The system involves five essential areas for a wholesome student.
- Practical life. Children learn firsthand how to do certain things like taking care of their environment. They learn how to connect with others and learn fine skills.
- Sensorial. Kids are trained to use touch, smell and listen to explore their environment easily.
- Mathematics. Mathematics is not an object in mist systems but a way of life. Here they learn numerical concepts at a young age.
- Language Arts. Language involves oral language, grammar, reading and handwriting improvement,
- Cultural activities. Here children start learning about the geography and history of their land and existence.
Learning in Montessori school is not based on the teacher finishing the syllabus on time, but learner based on learning understand the concept in its entirety. The primary teachers’ role is to guide and support students to achieve their potential.
Montessori works on the philosophy that children learn naturally through play. The curriculum is self-correcting, and the learner will notice where they went wrong. If they get it wrong, they see it. All teachers need to do is how students ow to do something, and they will repeat it. If older students have mastered the art, they show younger ones.
Montessori Schools Uses simple but Unique Materials
From nursery to preschool to junior schools, Montessori have varying materials to help the children learn. There are some of the activities to look out for in Thailand to know a Montessori school.
- A piece of fabric on buttons and holes on the other side.
- Cup with beans, several empty cups, and a spoon.
- Small jar with water and empty cups.
- Matching words. A language activity to match picture cards with their matching word cards.
Practical learning and play in these institutions use traditional toys as well as real-life objects. While developing the idea, Maria noticed that children love playing with real things, not just toys.
How Students Benefit
The Montessori learning lies in the founding concept of freedom with limits. The relationship indicates a children teacher interdependence with self-discipline while ensuring they learn appropriately. Teachers nurture the kids’ curiosity levels on an opportunity to discover their assigned responsibilities.
A Montessori learning system is very collaborative and builds on children social capital. Children learn to respect others and embrace teamwork. Schools like Waldorf school and a few others are a perfect Montessori destination.
Teacher’s Responsibility and Certificate
In a traditional setup, teachers take the leading role in an education system, but the Montessori approach advocates that the children take the lead while the teacher is a facilitator. Parents however need to find out if English teachers have TEFL teachers certification as a minimum requirement. Teachers are thus trainers to be good observers while allowing children to ta leadership.
- Tips for Sprucing Up Your Living Room On a Weekend - February 9, 2024
- Sagittarius Man & Gemini Woman Love and Sex Compatibility - January 31, 2024
- Taurus Ascendant Rising Personality Traits in Men (Guide) - January 31, 2024